NewAge Stuff
Home · BBS · Articles · Calendar · Web Links · News · Search · Liteweb Sunday, December 15, 2019
Navigation
Home
BBS
Articles
FAQ
Calendar
Web Links
News
Search
Liteweb
Forum Threads
Newest Threads
Fooling ourselves th...
Was the Taj Mahal si...
Edgar Cayce Readings
On God
Sound and Ghosts
Hottest Threads
On God [4]
Fooling ourselves... [3]
I Am That I Am - Not [2]
Magnetic Therapy [1]
Was the Taj Mahal... [0]
Latest Articles
Reiki - Real or Ridi...
Focus Illusion
Emotional Residue
Psychadelics In Medi...
Egypt Cards
Editor's Choice - Links
Universal Seduction
Academy of Spirituality and Paranormal Studies
Reiki Research
House Of Light
New Scientist
Intuitive Connections
Eclectic Philosophy BBS
Rael Science
Einstein Conspiracy
Rense
MBTI Personality Pages
Enneagram and MBTI
Steve's New Age Links
Steve's Psychology Links
More Links
View Thread
NewAge Stuff | New Age | Learning and living
Author I Am That I Am - Not
steve
Administrator

Posted on 21-12-08 12:52
Repeating affirmations is a self-talk method that has a powerful affect on everyone's life. Affirmations are effective, because the mind regards often-repeated thoughts and phrases as commands, and starts looking for ways to manifest them in our lives. The mind does not make distinctions between negative and positive self-talk, and treats them both in the same way.

You can use self-talk to your advantage, if you know how. You can fill your mind with positive thoughts, and channel its power toward achievement and success. You can do so by repeating affirmations, instead of occupying the mind with useless or negative thinking.

Affirmations are a powerful mental programming technique, which is not appreciated enough and is not well understood. There is a lot of information available on this subject nowadays, but few really know how to use it correctly, and fewer even try. To some, it seems just as a useless and impractical theory, but when well understood, it puts wonderful and powerful tools into your hands....

---

Back in my new age days, affirmations were a tool to self transformation.

Or so I believed.

I'm sure my new age teachers and clairvoyant friends meant well by watching gullable adepts like me recite over and over again sentences like:

"I Am That I Am."
"I Am one with God."

Nothing happened.

Some of the psychics I hung out with claimed to channel Ascended Masters, commune with the Angels, hang out with ET and the Great White Brotherhood, etc, and persuaded me to keep on affirming.

I spent tons of money on self-help tapes on affirmations, holistic breath work, rebirthing, meditating, etc.

Still nothing.

Deep down inside - I'm probably psychologically worse off for having blindly believed that hanging out with a bunch of psychics - and following their teachings would have a transforming effect on my own psychic senses and inner spirit, or lead to a life like my hero Edgar Cayce.

The opposite happened.

Oneness with universe is something nice to think about about, but I may now be subsciously be convinced I'm unworthy to be one with God, a loving husband, or wonderful dad, after years of new age nonsense like affirmations.

Just great - a new toxic shame to overcome.

I am a fool.

---

From http://www.writepowerfulresumes.com/center/SP/affirmations.htm

Affirmations are a powerful tool in any goal-oriented individuals arsenal. The problem with affirmations is that many of today’s self-improvement guru’s are teaching them wrong.

Practiced correctly, affirmations can change or create habits in a very short period of time. Recent experiments concluded that affirmations would take hold and create a new habit in a period of about 21-30 days. For some individuals it could be longer and some shorter. What matters most is that they work, are a very powerful force, but only if done properly.

The problem with affirmations arises when you use I am or I will statements. I will refers to something that may never happen, and I am can create a crisis with your conscience.

---

From http://www.buzzle.com/articles/affirmations-on-steroids.html

Affirmations On Steroids

I am sexy, healthy, wealthy and wise.

The problem with affirmations is that they are only statements and will take a lot of repeating until you start believing them. So, in the above example if you really don’t feel sexy, healthy, wealthy and wise – just by saying some words over and over again, will you start to believe that you actually are these things?

Affirmations are statements that are used in a positive present tense language. For example:

The problem with affirmations is that they are only statements and will take a lot of repeating until you start believing them. So, in the above example if you really don’t feel sexy, healthy, wealthy and wise – just by saying some words over and over again will you start to believe that you actually are these things?

I very much doubt it.

However we can start to accept these statements if we turn them into questions and find reasons as to why they might be considered true.

Positive affirmative questions (PAQ) have a much more powerful effect than affirmations on their own because they invoke a response from your conscious mind to rationalize the statement in order to make it a truth.

Using positive affirmative statements (PAS) you are simply trying to convince yourself that something is true, when more often than not it’s not. By using positive affirmative questions (PAQ) you are telling your brain to focus on the solution and you do not invoke thoughts of lack of it.

Here are some examples:

PAS – Positive Affirmation Statements
I feel good
I feel good about myself
I like myself
I like myself just the way I am
I am successful
I am successful just the way I am

PAQ – Positive Affirmation Questions
How can I feel good about myself?
Why do I feel good myself?
What do I like about myself?
What can I change about myself so I like myself more?
Why am I successful?
What can I do to make myself more successful?

By using PAQ we are not only speeding up the process of positive affirmations but we are stimulating new thoughts and creating new neuro-pathways that are forming new beliefs.

Saying I feel good or I feel good about me can be effective if there’s some truth in the statement. If you already feel good or at least okay the positive statements will reinforce and heighten the good feeling.

If you're feeling bad or depressed you will struggle to change your mood simply by repeating I feel good, because you trying to convince your mind of something it knows is not true.

The question "why do I feel good about myself?" is especially powerful because not only is it a question programming your mind to seek out reason to feel good but also contains the positive statement I feel good myself. These are the best PAQ’s to create for yourself as they contain double the power.

---

What is the right way to practice affirmations?

What powerful affirmation questions can you make up?

Edited by steve on 05-05-09 20:02
Author RE: I Am That I Am - Not
steve
Administrator

Posted on 21-12-08 21:26
I am The Blessed Buddha

The Blessed Buddha once noted:

It is by clinging, friends, that the notion: 'I am' occurs, not without clinging!
And by clinging to what does the notion: 'I am' occur, not without clinging?
It is by clinging to form, to feeling, to perception, to mental constructions, [censored]
to consciousness that the notion: 'I am' occurs, and not without this clinging!
Suppose, friends, a young woman, or a young man, fond of fashion [censored] jewelry,
would examine her own facial image in a mirror or in a bowl filled with pure,
clear, clean water: She would look at it with clinging, not without clinging...
Even and exactly so too, it is by clinging to form, to feeling, to perception,
to mental constructions, to consciousness that the notion: 'I am' occurs, and
not without this subconscious, yet quite detrimental, deep and rigid clinging...
Clinging to what is impermanent, transient and prone to vanish is very painful!
What is changing [censored] painful cannot be 'Mine' nor 'What I Am' nor 'My Self'!
Understanding this the intelligent Noble disciple is disgusted with all forms,
all feelings, all perceptions, all mental constructions, [censored] every consciousness.
Being disgusted creates disillusion. This very disillusion launch mental release!
When released the mind becomes unagitated! By being entirely imperturbable
one attains Awakening right there and then and one instantly understands:
This mind is irreversibly freed! Rebirth is ended, the Noble Life is concluded,
done is what should be done, there is no state of being after or beyond this...

Source: http://what-buddha-said.net/drops/II/Clinging_to_the_notion_I_Am.htm

Edited by steve on 21-12-08 21:27
Author RE: I Am That I Am - Not
AnaLewis

Posted on 20-01-10 10:38
steve wrote:
Repeating affirmations is a self-talk method that has a powerful affect on everyone's life. Affirmations are effective, because the mind regards often-repeated thoughts and phrases as commands, and starts looking for ways to manifest them in our lives. The mind does not make distinctions between negative and positive self-talk, and treats them both in the same way.

You can use self-talk to your advantage, if you know how. You can fill your mind with positive thoughts, and channel its power toward achievement and success. You can do so by repeating affirmations, instead of occupying the mind with useless or negative thinking.

Affirmations are a powerful mental programming technique, which is not appreciated enough and is not well understood. There is a lot of information available on this subject nowadays, but few really know how to use it correctly, and fewer even try. To some, it seems just as a useless and impractical theory, but when well understood, it puts wonderful and powerful tools into your hands....

---

Back in my new age days, affirmations were a tool to self transformation.

Or so I believed.

I'm sure my new age teachers and clairvoyant friends meant well by watching gullable adepts like me recite over and over again sentences like:

"I Am That I Am."
"I Am one with God."

Nothing happened.

Some of the psychics I hung out with claimed to channel Ascended Masters, commune with the Angels, hang out with ET and the Great White Brotherhood, etc, and persuaded me to keep on affirming.

I spent tons of money on self-help tapes on affirmations, holistic breath work, rebirthing, meditating, etc.

Still nothing.

Deep down inside - I'm probably psychologically worse off for having blindly believed that hanging out with a bunch of psychics - and following their teachings would have a transforming effect on my own psychic senses and inner spirit, or lead to a life like my hero Edgar Cayce.

The opposite happened.

Oneness with universe is something nice to think about about, but I may now be subsciously be convinced I'm unworthy to be one with God, a loving husband, or wonderful dad, after years of new age nonsense like affirmations.

Just great - a new toxic shame to overcome.

I am a fool.

---

From http://www.writepowerfulresumes.com/center/SP/affirmations.htm

Affirmations are a powerful tool in any goal-oriented individuals arsenal. The problem with affirmations is that many of today’s self-improvement guru’s are teaching them wrong.

Practiced correctly, affirmations can change or create habits in a very short period of time. Recent experiments concluded that affirmations would take hold and create a new habit in a period of about 21-30 days. For some individuals it could be longer and some shorter. What matters most is that they work, are a very powerful force, but only if done properly.

The problem with affirmations arises when you use I am or I will statements. I will refers to something that may never happen, and I am can create a crisis with your conscience.

---

From http://www.buzzle.com/articles/affirmations-on-steroids.html

Affirmations On Steroids

[quote]

The problem with affirmations is that they are only statements and will take a lot of repeating until you start believing them. So, in the above example if you really don’t feel sexy, healthy, wealthy and wise – just by saying some words over and over again, will you start to believe that you actually are these things?

Affirmations are statements that are used in a positive present tense language. For example:

The problem with affirmations is that they are only statements and will take a lot of repeating until you start believing them. So, in the above example if you really don’t feel sexy, healthy, wealthy and wise – just by saying some words over and over again will you start to believe that you actually are these things?

I very much doubt it.

However we can start to accept these statements if we turn them into questions and find reasons as to why they might be considered true.

Positive affirmative questions (PAQ) have a much more powerful effect than affirmations on their own because they invoke a response from your conscious mind to rationalize the statement in order to make it a truth.

Using positive affirmative statements (PAS) you are simply trying to convince yourself that something is true, when more often than not it’s not. By using positive affirmative questions (PAQ) you are telling your brain to focus on the solution and you do not invoke thoughts of lack of it.

Here are some examples:

PAS – Positive Affirmation Statements
I feel good
I feel good about myself
I like myself
I like myself just the way I am
I am successful
I am successful just the way I am

PAQ – Positive Affirmation Questions
How can I feel good about myself?
Why do I feel good myself?
What do I like about myself?
What can I change about myself so I like myself more?
Why am I successful?
What can I do to make myself more successful?

By using PAQ we are not only speeding up the process of positive affirmations but we are stimulating new thoughts and creating new neuro-pathways that are forming new beliefs.

Saying I feel good or I feel good about me can be effective if there’s some truth in the statement. If you already feel good or at least okay the positive statements will reinforce and heighten the good feeling.

If you're feeling bad or depressed you will struggle to change your mood simply by repeating I feel good, because you trying to convince your mind of something it knows is not true.

The question "why do I feel good about myself?" is especially powerful because not only is it a question programming your mind to seek out reason to feel good but also contains the positive statement I feel good myself. These are the best PAQ’s to create for yourself as they contain double the power.

---

What is the right way to practice affirmations?

What powerful affirmation questions can you make up?
[/quote]

Interesting! You really had exerted the effort in posting this one..Such a very long thread..

Regards,
AnaLewis

Edited by administrator on 27-11-10 09:32
Username

Password

Remember Me

Lost Password?
Users Online
Guests Online: 2
No Members Online

Registered Members: 45
Newest Member: coachoutlet6
Member Poll
Have you ever had a psychic premonition?

Yes

No

You must login to vote.
      Sunday, December 15th, 2019  
Google

New Age Stuff
newagestuff.com

Designed and maintained by
Pixel Pluckers